Here’s a list of things to never say when day trading.
Trust me. I’ve been there, done that, lost a lot.
- “I’m going to make a killing today when market opens. I can just feel it!”
- “I can see my perfect setup forming soon. I’m just going to jump into it now to get ahead of things. Better earlier than later.”
- “I feel really good about this trade even though it’s going down. I’ll ignore my stop-loss this time round cos I know the price is definitely going to bounce back.”
- “I got in and the price went down immediately. I’ll average down right now so that I can lower my average price. If it goes even lower, I’ll buy even more.”
- “My previous loss was an aberration. I’ll wager a bigger position size for my next trade to make up for that loss.”
- “This stock is trending really well right now. I’ll jump into it to make a quick buck and I’ll get out real quick.”
- “I feel really good about this trade. Let me bet a larger position size than usual cos I know it’s definitely going to be a winner.”
- “Tough luck today. All losses. I’ll just do one more trade and I’m done for today. I want to at least reduce my deficit for today.”
- “I need to get at least one win today! I know I can do this!”